The City of Parksville will hold three open budget deliberation meetings to discuss the 2022-2026 financial plan.
The meetings are scheduled for March 2 at 1 p.m., March 23 at 6 p.m. and March 30 at 6 p.m., according to a media release by the city.
Attendance at council meetings is limited to 40 people due to COVID-19 pandemic restrictions. Public input into the budget is an important part of the financial planning process. Residents can get involved in the following ways:
- Submit comments by email to email@example.com;
- Comments to be considered by council during the meetings should be received by 4 p.m. the day before the meeting;
- Budget deliberation meetings will be streamed on the city’s website and archived for viewing at another time;
- Comments, questions and ideas may be posted to the city’s online engagement site, Let’s Talk Parksville;
- Participate in the city’s online survey. Results will assist council to better understand where funds should be spent in 2022.
All comments received by the city about budget deliberations will form part of the public record.
The city’s budget and financial plans can be accessed from the website and budget details will be provided on the city’s website and Let’s Talk Parksville closer to the meeting dates.