Parksville Fire Department responds to first chimney fire of the season

Parksville Volunteer Fire Department responded to a chimney fire on McKinnon Street in Parksville on Nov. 25, 2021. || Photo by Kevin Forsyth
Latest Oceanside News
Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on email

No injuries or damage were reported after Parksville Volunteer Fire Department responded to a chimney fire on McKinnon Street today (Nov. 25).

Basil Webber, who lives across the street, said he noticed a lot of black smoke coming out of his neighbours’ chimney and alerted them.

“It’s just a good reminder for everybody at the start of the season to be checking wood stoves and make sure everything is good to go, having your wood stove serviced,” said Assistant Fire Chief Steven Liedl.

He said the small fire was quickly extinguished and fire crews then checked the attic space and the top of the wood stove’s flue to make sure the fire was completely out.  

Liedl added there was a buildup inside the flue, which likely caused it to become too hot and start a small fire.

Oceanside News Parksville Qualicum Beach
Please help share this story and Oceanside News:
Share on facebook
Facebook
Share on twitter
Twitter
Share on linkedin
LinkedIn
Share on email
Email

Comments

Keep up with the Latest Buzz

Soon we’ll be launching an Oceanside News email edition. 

“Bee” the first to know about it by signing up below:

We value your privacy. Your email address will not be shared with 3rd parties and you can unsubscribe at any time.