A rapid damage assessment of the area was completed, and with floodwaters receding, it has been deemed safe for residents to return to their homes, according to a release from the regional district. The order was issued on Nov. 15 after flooding made the area unsafe for residents.
Residents and business owners are reminded to follow important steps when returning to homes and businesses, including:
• Have authorized technicians assess any electrical or gas equipment exposed to floodwaters.
• Get your power or gas turned back on;
• Ensure your home or business and contents are properly cleaned before moving back in;
• Confirm a supply of safe water is available;
• Arrange for the proper disposal of human waste and garbage.
The RDN Emergency Call Centre is open again today until 4:30 p.m. to answer questions regarding flooding in the region at 250-390-0940.