The Parksville-Qualicum Community Foundation (PQCF) has awarded $41,500 across 13 local community organizations through its annual foundation grants.
The Oceanside Community Track fundraiser is one project being supported by the grants. The fundraiser supports the creation of a new six lane track at Ballenas Secondary School.
“We connect visionary donors with causes that truly matter, enabling the foundation to invest in people and projects by assisting local charitable organizations that make local communities stronger—now and for the long-term,” said Len Townsend, acting chair of the PQCF.
The Oceanside Elementary School playground is also receiving funds for upgrades — the playground dates back to construction of the original school. PQCF is also supporting the Qualicum Beach Pipe Band with funds to replace their equipment.
Below are the 13 charitable organizations supported by the grants in 2021 through donations made to PQCF:
- Parksville & District Historical Society – $4,000
- School District 69 (Qualicum) – $3,000
- Oceanside Hospice Society – $1,000
- The Old School House Arts Centre (TOSH) – $3,500
- Operation Freedom Paws – $2,000
- PAC Oceanside – $4,000
- Arrowsmith SAR – $4,000
- Junior Achievement – $4,000
- Island Crisis Care Society- $3,500
- Diabetes Canada – $2,500
- School District 69 (Qualicum) – $4,000
- Royal Canadian Legion Branch 76 – $3,000
- Qualicum Beach Pipe Band – $3,000