No one was injured and only minor damage was reported after a small fire on Wembley Road in Parksville.
Fire Chief Marc Norris said it started when embers from a backyard fire ignited the roof of a nearby shed.
“Some neighbours got a garden hose on it and more or less had it extinguished when we got here,” he said.
Parksville Fire Department responded to the fire at 1:05 p.m. on May 11, according to Norris. Crews stripped back all the burnt material and overhauled the shed to ensure there was nothing still burning.
Around one quarter of the shed’s roof was damaged, Norris said.