A structure fire in French Creek Monday morning did not cause any injuries and was controlled quickly.
Parksville Fire Rescue responded to a fire in the garage of a home on Admiral Tryon Boulevard, which appeared to be caused by an electrical appliance, according to Fire Chief Marc Norris.
“No responders were injured, the family dog was out and safe and firefighters were able to salvage a custom vehicle from the garage which was rolled out into the driveway,” he said in an email to Oceanside News.
Upon arrival, crews found the homeowner outside trying to control the fire. The first fire engine on scene controlled the remaining fire quickly and occupants were checked by BC Ambulance — Norris said nobody was transported to hospital.
“The fire was contained to some contents in the garage and did not extend into the actual structure. There was smoke throughout the entire structure,” he said.
Parksville Fire had a total of 13 members at the scene and another five on standby at the station. Norris said Qualicum Beach and Errington fire departments were also called, since there were multiple calls reporting the fire to dispatch.
An Emergency Management Oceanside Emergency Social Services representative also responded to offer assistance to the occupants, he said.
The cause of the fire was deemed not suspicious and occupancy has been turned back to the homeowners.